- Small terracotta flower pot 2.6 in. (6.5 cm) in diameter
- 1 ball of Plassard Weekend yarn in green
- 3.5 mm circular knitting needles
- 100% polyester fibrefill stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Optional: Pink yarn and 3.5 mm crochet hook
Step 1 : Cast on 40 stitches. Divide stitches in two as pattern gets knit in a circle using circular needles.
Step 2 : Work in a ribbing pattern of *Knit 1, purl 1* for 32 rows (or as tall as you want your cactus to be).
Step 3 : Cut yarn, leaving a long tail (about 30 cm). Using the yarn needle, pass the yarn through all the stitches and slide them off the needles. Pull tightly to gather the stitches and secure the yarn. Weave in the ends.
Step 4 : Stuff the cactus with polyester fibrefill and place it in the pot. For added security, glue the cactus body in place.
Optional: Make a small flower in a contrasting colour and sew it to the top of the cactus.