RULES & REGULATIONS
Experience Chagall Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Article 1: ORGANIZER
DeSerres (the “Contest Organizer”) is organizing a free, no purchase necessary, online contest starting at 9:00 a.m., Montreal time on May 15, 2017, and closing at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on May 22, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
Article 2: ELIGIBILITY
The DeSerres ‘’Experience Chagall’’ Contest (the “Contest”) is open exclusively to individuals who are legal residents of a Canadian province or territory, and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Those ineligible to enter the Contest are:a. employees, representatives and agents of Omer DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
b. employees, representatives and agents of the suppliers of prizes (hereinafter defined) awarded in this Contest, namely the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (MMFA);
c. employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
d. people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
e. the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests. Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
Article 3: USE OF INFORMATION
Consent to use the information gathered for the Contest applies to all those wishing to participate in the Experience Chagall Contest, as well as to the Contest winner.
Article 4: INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST
Information about the Contest will be accessible in DeSerres stores of the Greater Montreal Area and on the DeSerres website. Complete Contest rules are available via the Contest rules link on the website and in-store.
Article 5: PARTICIPATION RULES1. For a chance to take part in 1 of 2 different DeSerres workshops presented in partnership with the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, simply visit DeSerres.ca and fill out an entry form as of 9 a.m., Montreal time, on May 15, 2017, and until 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on May 22, 2017.
2. DeSerres reserves the right to refuse the entry of anyone who submits a ballot at 0:01 a.m., Montreal time, on May 23, 2017.
3. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must confirm having read and accepted the Contest rules.
4. In order to be eligible for the Contest, participants must fill in all the fields on the Contest entry form
5. One entry per person, per email address, allowed for the duration of the entire Contest. Participants can list the names of up to 3 guests on their entry form as well as their choice of two (2) possible workshops
6. Participants can also enter the Contest by writing — in 300 words or less — why they should win, and mailing their entry to the following address: 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4 before May 23, 2017.
7. Only the person entered in the Contest can be a winner.
8. Winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries.
9. Winners will be contacted individually by telephone and email.
DeSerres is not responsible for invalid email addresses or for email nondelivery due to a technical problem.
Article 6: PRIZES
There is a maximum total of one hundred and twenty (120) prizes to be won. Winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries. Winners can invite up to three (3) guests to accompany them, for a maximum total of one hundred and twenty (120) participants taking part in four (4) DeSerres workshops.
Prizes:- DeSerres Creative Workshop at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts on either June 3 or 4, 2017.
- Guided tour of the Chagall: Colour and Music exhibition on the same day as the DeSerres Creative Workshop
- DeSerres gift bag containing a variety of products
DeSerres is hosting a series of four (4) Chagall Creative Workshops at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
Workshops:June 3 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Sculpture and musical instruments
June 3 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Stained glass and animals
June 4 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Painting and the circus
June 4 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.: Mixed Media and the theater
Participants can select a first and second workshop choice. Participants will be drawn at random for each workshop. Each 120-minute Creative Workshop includes a 45-minute guided tour. Each Workshop winner will receive a DeSerres surprise bag worth $15.
At any time, DeSerres reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part, with a prize of equal value (including but not limited to, a monetary sum), in case of non-availability of the prize. The prize must be accepted as is, and is not transferable, exchangeable or refundable, unless authorized by the Organizer. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Prizes that are to be shipped will not be insured and the Organizer cannot be held responsible for a prize that is lost, damaged or sent to a wrong address.
Article 7: ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
On May 23, 2017, at 1 p.m., the Contest Organizer will randomly draw the winners, to allocate the prizes indicated in these contest rules. Winners will be drawn at the DeSerres head office located at 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
A maximum of one hundred and twenty (120) winners will be drawn at random and will be assigned to a workshop based on their choices and how many guests they wish to invite. If neither workshop preference is available, or should all winners choose to participate in the same workshop, DeSerres reserves the right to randomly place different winners in other workshops.
Article 8: DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
To be declared a winner and claim a prize, a selected participant for a prize must:a. be reached by email within three (3) days (72 hours) following the draw. Any selected participant who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts made by the Contest Organizer during this period of three (3) days will be disqualified;
b. prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (age, authorization of legal representative if the winner is a minor). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
c. correctly answer a mathematical question that will be sent by email.
The winner will be informed of how to take possession of the prize within two (2) to four (4) days s of receiving the email.
In the event of a winner's refusal to receive the prize, the Contest Organizer will not be held responsible for its delivery and may, at its discretion, award the prize by random draw from among all eligible entries registered for that prize. If said randomly selected entrant from among all eligible entries cannot be reached within 72 hours of the draw of his or her name, after reasonable attempts, his or her entries will be disqualified and a new entrant selected. If, after three (3) selected persons, none of these persons can be reached after reasonable efforts within 72 hours for each of these persons, the prize will be considered cancelled and the Organizer will cancel the prize.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Article 9: LIABILITY
WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST1. DeSerres cannot be held liable in the event of an Internet malfunction preventing access to the contest or its proper functioning. DeSerres cannot be held liable for any third-party acts of Internet abuse.
2. While DeSerres shall do all in its power to provide users with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly display errors on the Contest website), or for the absence or availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
3. Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the Internet.
4. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk.
5. Furthermore, DeSerres shall not be responsible or liable in the event of: Internet access problems; hardware or software problems; deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to DeSerres; human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction; disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the Contest or dysfunctions in the automated draw process; piracy.
6. DeSerres shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate Internet service provider (ISP).
7. In any case, if the smooth running of the Contest in administrative and/or technical terms are disrupted for any reason beyond the control of DeSerres, the Company reserves the right to suspend the Contest.
8. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant; DeSerres reserves the right, if warranted, to initiate proceedings against the defaulting party.
No correspondence relating to this Contest will be exchanged, except with each winner.
All participants acknowledge that by entering the Contest, they are providing their information to the Organizer. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be addressed to the Contest Organizer.
May 1, 2017