- Schola gouache paint
- Liquid dish soap
- Kraft paper
How to print paper with bubbles
Step 1: In a shallow bowl, mix a little bit of water with non-toxic children’s liquid gouache paint. Add a few drops of liquid dish soap and stir well.
Step 2: Using a straw, blow bubbles in the paint until the bubbles form a dome over the bowl.
Step 3: Touch the paper to the surface of the bubbles. As they pop against the paper, they will make bubble prints! Keep blowing bubbles and pressing the paper to them until your sheet is covered. Let the paper dry completely before wrapping a gift.
- If your bubbles won't print, your paint mixture is too thin. Add more paint and less water
- Try printing multiple colours on the same paper
- Measure and precut your paper to fit the gift you want to wrap before printing it
- Clean up with soap and water
- Iron your paper after it dries before wrapping gifts for a smoother paper