Do-it-yourself workshop presented by Tania Trudel, contributor to the show À 4 épingles on MAtv.
1. Use the measuring tape to determine where to drill the holes to insert the pole, and mark the spots in pencil.
2. Using the appropriate drill bit, drill holes in the two side planks to insert the pole.
3. Pre-drill tiny holes in the side planks in order to fasten the upper and lower planks. Avoid screwing directly into the wood to keep the wood from splitting.
4. Remove the drill bit and insert a Robertson screwdriver bit.
5. Attach the planks at a right angle. Make sure the planks are completely straight.
6. Screw the planks together.
7. Repeat this step for the other side.
8. Insert the pole between the two side planks and solidify the structure by attaching the top plank. Tips
Attach a bottom plank if you want to create additional space for shoes. You may want to place it on an angle and add a stick to keep the shoes from sliding.