RULES & REGULATIONS
Anthem for Cohen Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Article 1: ORGANIZER
DeSerres (the “Contest Organizer”) is organizing a free, no purchase necessary, online contest starting at 12:01 a.m., Montreal time on December 29, 2017, and closing at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on January 14, 2018.
Article 2: ELIGIBILITY
The Anthem for Cohen Contest (the “Contest”) is open exclusively to individuals who are legal residents of a Canadian province or territory, and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Those ineligible to enter the Contest are:a. employees, representatives and agents of DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
b. employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
c. people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
d. the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests.
Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations. Contest void where prohibited by law.
Article 3: USE OF INFORMATION
Consent to use the information gathered for the Contest applies to all those wishing to participate in the Anthem for Cohen Contest, as well as to the Contest winner.
Article 4: INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST
Information about the Contest will be accessible at DeSerres stores and on DeSerres website. Complete Contest rules are available via the Contest rules link on the website and in stores.
Article 5: PARTICIPATION RULES1. To enter, simply visit DeSerres’ page between 12:01 a.m., Montreal time, on December 29, 2017, and 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on January 14, 2018 to fill out an entry form and upload a photo of your artwork inspired by the world of Leonard Cohen (poetry, song, etc.). Only original works of art will be accepted, and verifications will be made. Participants are responsible for selecting artwork that meets the contest’s selection criteria as determined by the Organizer. The Organizer is then responsible for displaying the participant’s artwork of choice on the contest page beginning on the day when it was uploaded;
2. DeSerres reserves the right to refuse the entry of anyone who submits a ballot at 0:01 a.m., Montreal time, on January 15, 2018;
3. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must confirm having read and accepted the Contest rules;
4. DeSerres reserves the right to not publish plagiarized works of art and works of art containing content that may be damaging to DeSerres’ image. It is strictly forbidden to use the corporate logo of DeSerres. In such cases, entries will nullify without further justification;
5. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must fill in all the fields on the Contest entry form;
6. One entry per person, per email address, allowed for the duration of the entire Contest;
7. Participants can also enter the Contest by writing — in 300 words or less — why they should win, and mailing their entry to the following address: 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4 before January 15, 2018. Limit of one letter per person;
8. You must have a valid email address to vote;
9. Limit of one vote per day, per work of art, per email address;
10. Only the person entered in the Contest can be declared the winner;
11. The winner (grand prize) will be chosen by a jury of art experts who will select the work of art that will stand out most for its originality, the quality of its execution and the respect for the theme;
12. The 2nd winner (second prize) will be the work with the most votes;
13. The winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
DeSerres is not responsible for invalid email addresses or for email non-delivery due to a technical problem.
Article 6: PERMITTED NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Limit of one (1) vote per day, per work of art, per email address.
DeSerres reserves the right to verify the accuracy of the information provided by participants. Any attempt at fraud on the part of a participant shall result in the invalidity of their entries. Any vote entered or generated by illicit, fraudulent or unjust means, by automatic programming or in any way that is non-compliant with the conditions of participation set out in the Rules shall result in the invalidity of the participation. No contest, created by the participants, or any other unfair techniques to stimulate the votes for a work of art will be allowed. Any participant offering a reward in exchange for votes will be disqualified.
Should the Internet tool used to determine the winner encounter a problem; if it appears to have been tampered with, shows signs of errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Organizer reserves the right to use another method to determine the winner, such as a random draw or a Jury selection. All decisions rendered by the Jury will be final.
Article 7: PRIZES
The grand prize:- A weekend for two in Montreal (approximate value of $740):
- Transportation for two, to and from Montreal with the carrier of DeSerres’ choice;
- Two nights accommodation for two, in Montreal, at the hotel of DeSerres’ choice;
- Two passes to a guided tour of the Leonard Cohen: A crack in Everything exhibition
- Two passes for one of the four Cohen Self-Portrait Creative Workshops
- Lunch for two at the MAC restaurant
- Dinner for two at the ITHQ restaurant
Second prize (a $250 value):- A $ 250 DeSerres gift card
At any time, DeSerres reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part, with a prize of equal value (including but not limited to, a monetary sum), in case of non-availability of the prize. The prize must be accepted as is, and is not transferable, exchangeable or refundable, unless authorized by the Organizer. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Prizes will not be insured, and the Organizer cannot be held responsible for a prize that is lost, damaged or sent to a wrong address.
Article 8: ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
On January 19, 2018 at 1 p.m., the Contest Organizer will identify the winner following the selection of the jury. The second winner will be the work of art having obtained the most eligible votes, in accordance with the procedure provided for this purpose on the contest website.
The winners will be named at the DeSerres head office located at 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
Voting will only take place on DeSerres’ Contest page. Under the image of their choice, voters must enter their email in the window intended for this purpose and click on the vote button to register their vote. Last day to vote: January 14, 2018.
Any vote that is not cast according to the conditions of participation will be rejected without any justification from DeSerres. Any entry that contains votes that do not respect the Contest Rules may be rejected without justification.
Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of eligible photos submitted and the number of eligible votes received by each admissible work of art, during the Contest Period.
Should two or more works of art receive an equal number of votes, a random draw will determine the winner. In such a case, the draw will be held at the DeSerres head office located at 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
Article 9: DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
To be declared a winner and claim a prize, a selected participant for a prize must:a. be reached by email within three (3) days (72 hours) following the draw. Any selected participant who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts made by the Contest Organizer during this period of three (3) days will be disqualified;
b. prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (age, authorization of legal representative if the winner is a minor). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
c. correctly answer a mathematical question that will be sent by email.
The winners will be informed of how to take possession of the prize within two (2) to four (4) business days of receiving the email.
In the event of a winner's refusal to receive the prize, the Contest Organizer will not be held responsible for its delivery and may, at its discretion, award the prize by random draw from among all eligible entries registered for that prize. If said randomly selected entrant from among all eligible entries cannot be reached within 72 hours of the draw of his or her name, after reasonable attempts, his or her entries will be disqualified, and a new entrant selected. If, after three (3) selected persons, none of these persons can be reached after reasonable efforts within 72 hours for each of these persons, the prize will be considered cancelled and the Organizer will cancel the prize.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Article 10: LIABILITY
WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST1. DeSerres cannot be held liable in the event of an Internet malfunction preventing access to the contest or its proper functioning. DeSerres cannot be held liable for any third-party acts of Internet abuse.
2. While DeSerres shall do all in its power to provide users with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly display errors on the Contest website), or for the absence or availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
3. Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the Internet.
4. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk.
5. Furthermore, DeSerres shall not be responsible or liable in the event of:
Internet access problems;
hardware or software problems;
deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to DeSerres;
human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction;
disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the Contest or dysfunctions in the automated draw process;
6. DeSerres shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate Internet service provider (ISP).
7. In any case, if the smooth running of the Contest in administrative and/or technical terms are disrupted for any reason beyond the control of DeSerres, the Company reserves the right to suspend the Contest.
8. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant; DeSerres reserves the right, if warranted, to initiate proceedings against the defaulting party.
No correspondence relating to this Contest will be exchanged, except with each winner.
All participants acknowledge that by entering the Contest, they are providing their information to the Organizer. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be addressed to the Contest Organizer.
Created on December 11, 2017