Creative Club Contest DeSerres
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Article 1 : ORGANIZER
DeSerres (the “Contest Organizer”) is organizing a free contest in store with no purchase necessary, starting at on April 17, 9:00 a.m., Montreal time and closing at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on May 14, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
Article 2 : ELIGIBILITY
The DeSerres ‘’Creative Club’’ Contest (the “Contest”) is open exclusively to individuals who are legal residents of a province or territory of Canada; and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Those ineligible to enter the Contest are:a. employees, representatives and agents of Omer DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
b. employees, representatives and agents of the suppliers of Prizes (hereinafter defined) awarded in this Contest;
c. employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
d. people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
e. the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests.
Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
Article 3 : USE OF INFORMATION
Consent to use the information gathered for the Contest applies to all those wishing to participate in the Contest, as well as to the Contest winner.
Article 4 : INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST
Information about the Contest will be accessible in DeSerres stores and on the DeSerres website. Complete Contest rules are available via the Contest rules link on the website and in-store.
Article 5 : PARTICIPATION RULES1. To participate, individuals must register with DeSerres’ Creative Club by filling out the entry form at the checkout at a DeSerres store as of 9 a.m., Montreal time, on April 17, 2017, and until 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on May 14, 2017.
2. DeSerres reserves the right to refuse the entry of anyone who submits a ballot at 0:01 a.m., Montreal time, on May 18, 2017.
3. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must confirm having read and accepted the Contest rules.
4. In order to be eligible for the Contest, the participant must activate their Creative Club card online by entering their Creative Club card number, their first name, last name and email address.
5. One entry per person, per email address, for the duration of the entire Contest is allowed.
6. Participants can also enter the contest by mail, by writing in 300 words or less why they should win, and mailing their entry to the following address: 1265 Berri, bureau 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4 before May 14, 2017.
7. Only the person entered the Contest can be a winner.
8. The winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries.
9. The winners will be identified on DeSerres’ Facebook page by first name and last name of participants.
DeSerres is not responsible for invalid email addresses or for email non-delivery due to a technical problem.
Article 6 : PRIZES
There are three (3) prizes to be won. Winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries.Grand prize: a $300 DeSerres gift card
Second prize: a $100 DeSerres gift card
Third prize: a $100 DeSerres gift card
All new Creative Club new members who subscribe during the Contest Period and activate their complete profile online within 14 days of the activation date done at the checkout at a DeSerres store will automatically receive 150 bonus points in their personal accounts.
Complete prize details will be sent with each gift card. DeSerres reserves the right to substitute at any time the prize in whole or in part, by a prize of equivalent value. The prize must be accepted as is and is not transferable or assignable, unless authorized by the Organizer. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The prize must be accepted as is and cannot be transferred, exchanged or refunded. The Organizer has the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part with another prize of equal value, in case of non-availability, for whatever reason, of the described prize.
The prize that will be sent will not be insured and the Organizer cannot be held responsible for a prize lost, damaged or sent to a wrong address.
Article 7 : ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
On May 29, 2017 at 1 p.m., the Contest Organizers will randomly draw three (3) winners, in order to allocate the prizes indicated in these contest rules. The winners will be chosen in the DeSerres head office located at 1265 Berri, bureau 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
The first entry to be randomly drawn from all valid entries will win the $300 DeSerres Card. The second and third entries to be randomly drawn from all valid entries will each win a $100 DeSerres gift card. The winners must visit the DeSerres store of their choice to collect their prize.
Article 8 : DISTRIBUTION OF GIFT CARDS
To be declared a winner and claim a prize, a selected participant for a prize must:a. be reached by email within three (3) days/72 hours following the draw. Any selected participant who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts made by the organizers of the contest during this period of three (3) days will be disqualified;
b. prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (age, authorization of legal representative if winner is minor). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any conditions mentioned above or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
b. Must correctly answer a mathematical question that will be sent by email.
The winner will be informed of how to take possession of the prize within two (2) to four (4) weeks after receiving the email.
In the event of a winner's refusal to receive the prize, the Contest Organizer will not be held responsible for its delivery and may, at its discretion, award the prize by random draw from among all eligible entries registered for that prize. If said randomly selected entrant from among all eligible entries cannot be reached within 72 hours of the draw of his or her name, after reasonable attempts, his or her entries will be disqualified and a new entrant selected. If, after three (3) selected persons, none of these persons can be reached after reasonable efforts within 72 hours for each of these persons, the prize will be considered canceled and the Organizer will cancel the prize.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Article 9 : LIABILITY
WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST1. DeSerres cannot be held liable in the event of a dysfunction of the Internet network, preventing access to the game or its smooth running. In particular, DeSerres cannot be held liable for any third-party acts of Internet abuse.
2. While DeSerres shall do all in its power to provide users with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly in display on contest websites), or for the absence of availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
3. Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the Internet.
4. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk.
5. Furthermore, DeSerres shall not be responsible or liable in the event of: Internet access problems; hardware or software problems; deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to DeSerres; human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction; disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the Contest or dysfunctions in the automated draw process; piracy;
6. DeSerres shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate Internet service provider (ISP).
7. In any case, if the smooth running of the Contest in administrative and/or technical terms is disrupted for any reason beyond the control of DeSerres, the Company reserves the right to suspend the Contest.
8. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant; DeSerres reserves the right, if warranted, to initiate proceedings against the defaulting party.
No correspondence relating to this Contest will be exchanged, except with each Winner.
All Entrants acknowledge by entering the Contest that they provide their information to the Organizer. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be addressed to the Contest Organizer.
April 3, 2017