CREATIVE BY NATURE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Article 1: ORGANIZER
DeSerres (the “Contest Organizer”) is organizing a free, no purchase necessary, online contest starting at 12:01 a.m., Montreal time on April 2, 2018, and closing at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on April 15, 2018.
Article 2: ELIGIBILITY
The Creative by nature Contest (the “Contest”) is open exclusively to individuals who are legal residents of a Canadian province or territory and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Those ineligibles to enter the Contest are:a. employees, representatives and agents of DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
b. employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
c. people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
d. the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests.
Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the entry form of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations. Contest void where prohibited by law.
Article 3: USE OF INFORMATION
Consent to use the information gathered for the Contest applies to all those wishing to participate in the Creative by nature Contest, as well as to the Contest winners.
Article 4: INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST
Information about the Contest will be accessible at DeSerres stores and on DeSerres website. Complete Contest rules are available via the Contest rules link on the website and in stores.
Article 5: PARTICIPATION RULES1. To enter, simply visit DeSerres’ web page between 12:01 a.m., Montreal time, on April 2, 2018, and 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on April 15, 2018 to fill out an entry form and upload a photo of your artwork. Participants are responsible for selecting artwork that meets the contest’s selection criteria as determined by the Organizer. Only original works of art created by the participant will be accepted, and verifications will be made. The Organizer is then responsible for displaying the participant’s artwork of choice on the contest page beginning on the day when it was uploaded;
2. For works of art made by children(s), the parent or legal representative, completing the participation form, is himself the participant, even if he did not realize the work of art. Any minor wishing to enter the contest must be represented by an adult who has duly completed the contest entry form.
3. Only two-dimensional works of art will be accepted; the following techniques are suggested, but are not limited to: drawing, collage, illustration, painting, etc.
4. DeSerres reserves the right to not publish plagiarized works of art and works of art containing content that may be damaging to DeSerres’ image. It is strictly forbidden to use the corporate logo of DeSerres. In such cases, entries will nullify without further justification;
5. The photos of the winning works of art must be available in high resolution, following the jury selection.
6. DeSerres reserves the right to modify the framing, the ratio or the brightness of the photo of the chosen artwork, without restricting itself to this, in order to respect the technical specifications of the social, physical and digital platforms used.
7. DeSerres reserves the right to refuse the entry of anyone who submits a ballot at 0:01 a.m., Montreal time, on April 16, 2018;
8. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must confirm having read and accepted the Contest rules;
9. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must fill in all the fields on the Contest entry form;
10. One entry per person, per email address, allowed for the duration of the entire Contest;
11. Only the person entered in the Contest can be declared the winner;
12. The five winners will be chosen by a jury of art experts who will select the works of art that stand out most for their originality and the quality of their execution (selection criteria);
13. The winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
DeSerres is not responsible for invalid email addresses or for email non-delivery due to a technical problem.
Article 6: PERMITTED NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the contest period.
DeSerres reserves the right to verify the accuracy of the information provided by participants. Any attempt at fraud on the part of a participant shall result in their entries being declared null and void. Entries submitted or generated by illicit, fraudulent or unjust means, by automatic programming or in any way that is non-compliant with the conditions of participation set out in the Rules shall result in the participation being declared null and void.
Article 7: PRIZES (5)
Each prize, for the five winners, includes:- The winner artwork featured in a cross-Canadian advertising campaign
- A $ 200 DeSerres Gift Card
The winning works of art will be featured on social, physical and digital platforms of DeSerres (website, newsletter, social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)), but not limited to these. The winning works of art will be seen in a media campaign purchased by DeSerres and visible on bus shelters in the following cities; Montreal, Laval, Boisbriand, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Saguenay, Ottawa, Oakville and Vancouver, and on a super-billboard, in Toronto, if media is available. The campaign is subject to change without prior notice.
At any time, DeSerres reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part, with a prize of equal value (including but not limited to, a monetary sum), in case of non-availability of the prize. The prize must be accepted as is, and is not transferable, exchangeable or refundable, unless authorized by the Organizer. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Prizes will not be insured, and the Organizer cannot be held responsible for a prize that is lost, damaged or sent to a wrong address.
Article 8: ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
On April 16, 2018 at 1 p.m., the Contest Organizer will identify the winners following the selection of the jury.
The winners will be named at the DeSerres head office located at 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montréal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible work of art submitted and display during the Contest Period.
Article 9: DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
To be declared a winner and claim a prize, a selected participant for a prize must:a. be reached by email within three (3) days (72 hours) following the draw. Any selected participant who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts made by the Contest Organizer during this period of three (3) days will be disqualified;
b. prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (age, authorization of legal representative if the winner is a minor). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
c. correctly answer a mathematical question that will be sent by email.
d. Accept the conditions of consent and permission to use the photo of his work of art. A contract will be sent to the winners for signature, following the selection of their artwork.
The winners will be informed of how to take possession of the prize within two (2) to four (4) business days of receiving the email.
In the event of a winner's refusal to receive the prize, the Contest Organizer will not be held responsible for its delivery and may, at its discretion, award the prize by random draw from among all eligible entries registered for that prize. If said randomly selected entrant from among all eligible entries cannot be reached within 72 hours of the draw of his or her name, after reasonable attempts, his or her entries will be disqualified, and a new entrant selected. If, after three (3) selected persons, none of these persons can be reached after reasonable efforts within 72 hours for each of these persons, the prize will be considered cancelled and the Organizer will cancel the prize.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Article 10: LIABILITY
WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST1. DeSerres cannot be held liable in the event of an Internet malfunction preventing access to the contest or its proper functioning. DeSerres cannot be held liable for any third-party acts of Internet abuse.
2. While DeSerres shall do all in its power to provide users with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly display errors on the Contest website), or for the absence or availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
3. Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the Internet.
4. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk.
5. Furthermore, DeSerres shall not be responsible or liable in the event of:
• Internet access problems;
• hardware or software problems;
• deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to DeSerres;
• human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction;
• disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the Contest or dysfunctions in the automated draw process;
6. DeSerres shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate Internet service provider (ISP).
7. In any case, if the smooth running of the Contest in administrative and/or technical terms are disrupted for any reason beyond the control of DeSerres, the Company reserves the right to suspend the Contest.
8. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant; DeSerres reserves the right, if warranted, to initiate proceedings against the defaulting party.
No correspondence relating to this Contest will be exchanged, except with each winner.
All participants acknowledge that by entering the Contest, they are providing their information to the Organizer. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be addressed to the Contest Organizer.
Created on March 16, 2018