CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
In the Studio with Cohen
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Article 1: ORGANIZER
DeSerres (the “Contest Organizer”) is organizing a free, no purchase necessary, online contest starting at 12:01 a.m., Montreal time on January 15, 2018, and closing at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on January 30, 2018.
Article 2: ELIGIBILITY
The In the Studio with Cohen Contest (the “Contest”) is open exclusively to individuals who are legal residents of a Canadian province or territory, and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
The following people are ineligible to enter the Contest:a. employees, representatives and agents of DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
b. employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
c. people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
d. the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests.
Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations. Contest void where prohibited by law.
Article 3: USE OF INFORMATION
Consent to use the information gathered for the Contest applies to all those wishing to participate in the In the Studio with Cohen Contest, as well as to the Contest winner.
Article 4: INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST
Information about the Contest will be accessible at DeSerres stores and on the DeSerres website. Complete Contest rules are available via the Contest rules link on the website and in stores.
Article 5: PARTICIPATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS1. For a chance to take part in one of the workshops being hosted by DeSerres in collaboration with the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC), simply complete an entry form on the DeSerres website between January 15, 2018 at 0:01 a.m. and January 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time.
2. DeSerres reserves the right to refuse the entry of anyone who submits a ballot at 0:01 a.m., Montreal time, on January 31, 2018;
3. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must confirm having read and accepted the Contest rules;
4. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must fill in all the fields on the Contest entry form;
5. One entry per person, per email address, allowed for the duration of the entire Contest;
6. Participants must be residents of either Quebec or Ontario.
7. Only the person entered in the Contest can be declared the winner;
8. Winners will be drawn at random from the validated entries.
9. Winners will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
DeSerres is not responsible for invalid email addresses or for email non-delivery due to a technical problem.
Article 6: PERMITTED NUMBER OF ENTRIES
Limit of one (1) vote per person for the duration of the contest period.
DeSerres reserves the right to verify the accuracy of the information provided by participants. Any attempt at fraud on the part of a participant shall result in their entries being declared null and void. Entries submitted or generated by illicit, fraudulent or unjust means, by automatic programming or in any way that is non-compliant with the conditions of participation set out in the Rules shall result in the participation being declared null and void.
Article 7: PRIZES
There will be a maximum of eighty (80) prizes to be won. Winners will be drawn at random from the validated entries. Each winner may invite a guest of their choice, for a maximum of one hundred and sixty (160) participants to attend the four (4) DeSerres workshops.
Prize (approximate value of $39 per participant):- Two passes to one of four Cohen Self-Portrait creative workshops at the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art on February 17 and 18, 2018;
- Two passes to a guided tour of the Leonard Cohen: Une brèche en toutes choses/A Crack in Everything, exhibition (value of $19 per admission);
- A DeSerres gift bag filled with creative products (value of $20 per gift bag)
All the workshops will explore the self-portrait using various techniques and levels of expertise. Workshops will be hosted by MAC facilitators and DeSerres employees. All of the workshops will be on Drawing, Engraving and Textile Printing.
Workshops:- February 17 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 17 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- February 18 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- February 18 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Participants must choose one of the four workshops and name a second choice. Winners will be drawn at random for each workshop. Each prize package includes a workshop of approximately 160 minutes and a 450minute guided tour. Each winner will receive a DeSerres gift bag valued at approximately $20.
At any time, DeSerres reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part, with a prize of equal value (including but not limited to, a monetary sum), in case of non-availability of the prize. The prize must be accepted as is, and is not transferable, exchangeable or refundable, unless authorized by the Organizer. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Prizes will not be insured, and the Organizer cannot be held responsible for a prize that is lost, damaged or sent to a wrong address.
Article 8: ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
At 1 p.m. on January 31, 2018, the Contest Organizer will draw the winners at random in order to award the prized listed in these Rules and Regulations. The winners will be named at the DeSerres head office located at 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montreal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
A maximum of eighty (80) winners will be drawn at random and assigned to the workshops of their choice based on available space. Winners will be allowed to invite the guest of their choice.
Chosen workshops may not be available. If the winners wish to take part in the same workshop, DeSerres reserves the right to randomly assign winners to other workshops.
Article 9: DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
To be declared a winner and claim a prize, any person selected to win a prize must:a. be reached by email within three (3) days (72 hours) following the draw. Any selected person who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts are made by the Contest Organizer during this three (3) day period, will be disqualified;
b. prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (age, authorization of legal representative if the winner is a minor). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
c. correctly answer a mathematical question that will be sent by email.
The winners will be informed of how to take possession of the prize within two (2) to four (4) business days of receiving the email.
In the event of a winner's refusal to receive the prize, the Contest Organizer will not be held responsible for its delivery and may, at its discretion, redistribute the prize by random draw from among all eligible entries registered for that prize. If said randomly selected person from among all eligible entries cannot be reached within 72 hours from when their name was drawn, after reasonable attempts have been made, their entry will be disqualified, and a new person will be selected. If, after three (3) selected persons, none of these persons can be reached after reasonable efforts have been made within 72 hours from when their names were drawn, the prize will be considered cancelled and the Organizer will cancel its distribution.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Article 10: LIABILITY
WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST1. DeSerres cannot be held liable in the event of an Internet malfunction preventing access to the contest or its proper functioning. DeSerres cannot be held liable for any third-party acts of Internet abuse.
2. While DeSerres shall do all in its power to provide users with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly display errors on the Contest website), or for the absence or availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
3. Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the Internet.
4. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk.
5. Furthermore, DeSerres shall not be responsible or liable in the event of:
Internet access problems;
hardware or software problems;
deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to DeSerres;
human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction;
disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the Contest or dysfunctions in the automated draw process;
6. DeSerres shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate Internet service provider (ISP).
7. In any case, if the smooth running of the Contest in administrative and/or technical terms are disrupted for any reason beyond the control of DeSerres, the Company reserves the right to suspend the Contest.
8. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant; DeSerres reserves the right, if warranted, to initiate proceedings against the defaulting party.
No correspondence relating to this Contest will be exchanged, except with each winner.
All participants acknowledge that by entering the Contest, they are providing their information to the Organizer. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be addressed to the Contest Organizer.
Created on December 15, 2017