RULES & REGULATIONS
AT THE MUSEUM WITH COHEN CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Article 1: ORGANIZER
DeSerres (the “Contest Organizer”) is organizing a free, no purchase necessary, online contest starting at noon, Montreal time on November 9, 2017, and closing at 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on November 13, 2017.
Article 2: ELIGIBILITY
The “At the Museum with Cohen” Contest (the “Contest”) is open exclusively to individuals who are legal residents of a Canadian province or territory, and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Those ineligible to enter the Contest are:a. employees, representatives and agents of Omer DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
b. employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
c. people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
d. the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests.
Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the participation of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
Article 3: USE OF INFORMATION
Consent to use the information gathered for the Contest applies to all those wishing to participate in the “At the Museum with Cohen” Contest, as well as to the Contest winner.
Article 4: INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTEST
Information about the Contest will be accessible on DeSerres Facebook page. Complete Contest rules are available via the Contest rules link on the website and in-store.
Article 5: PARTICIPATION RULES1. To participate, individuals must write a comment on DeSerres’s Facebook page by saying why they want to go to the exhibition, as of noon, Montreal time, on November 9, 2017, and until 11:59 p.m., Montreal time, on November 13, 2017. The Winner consent that his name will be communicated on the DeSerres Facebook page. The Organizer is then responsible to communicate the name of the Winner on his Facebook page.
2. DeSerres reserves the right to refuse the entry of anyone who submits a ballot at 12:01 a.m., Montreal time, on November 14, 2017.
3. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must confirm having read and accepted the Contest rules.
4. To be eligible for the Contest, participants must respect all the Contest rules.
5. One entry per person is allowed for the duration of the entire Contest.
6. Participants can also enter the Contest by writing — in 300 words or less — why they should win, and mailing their entry to the following address: 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montreal, Québec, H2L 4X4 before November 14, 2017.
7. Only the person entered in the Contest can be a winner.
8. The winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries.
9. Winners will be contacted individually by email.
DeSerres is not responsible for invalid email addresses or for email nondelivered due to a technical problem.
Article 6: NUMBER OF ENTRIES ALLOWED
For participation purposes, there’s a limit of one (1) vote per person, for the duration of the entire Contest.
DeSerres reserves the right to verify the accuracy of information provided by participants. Any attempt at fraud on the part of a participant shall disqualify all entries submitted from that participant. Any votes submitted or generated by illicit, cheating or unfair means, or by automatic programming or any other method that does not confirm to satisfy any of the conditions outlined in the official contest rules will be nullified. Facebook rules are applicable within the context of this contest.
Article 7: PRIZES
There are two prizes to be won.
The winners will be randomly drawn from all valid entries.
Description of prize:- A pair of tickets for the Leonard Cohen : Une brèche en toute chose/A Crack in Everything exhibition, presented by the CBC at the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art (tickets valid during the exhibition, from November 9, 2017 to April 9, 2018)(approximate value of $38).
- A pair of tickets for the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art’s November 17 Nocturne evening (approximative value of $30).
At any time, DeSerres reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole or in part, with a prize of equal value (including but not limited to, a monetary sum), in case of non-availability of the prize. The prize must be accepted as is, and is not transferable, exchangeable or refundable, unless authorized by the Organizer. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Prizes that are to be shipped will not be insured and the Organizer cannot be held responsible for a prize that is lost, damaged or sent to a wrong address.
Article 8: ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS
On November 14, 2017, at 09:00 a.m., the Contest Organizer will randomly draw the winner, to allocate the prizes indicated in these contest rules. Winners will be drawn at the DeSerres head office located in 1265 Berri, suite 1000, Montreal, Québec, H2L 4X4.
Any participation that don’t respect the contest rules may be rejected, without any justification.
Article 9: DISTRIBUTION OF PRIZES
To be declared a winner and claim a prize, a selected participant for a prize must:a. be reached by email within a (1) day (24 hours) following the draw. Any selected participant who cannot be contacted after reasonable and appropriate efforts made by the Contest Organizer during this period of a (1) day will be disqualified;
b. prove that they meet all the requirements of this contest (age, authorization of legal representative if the winner is a minor). A person shall be disqualified if they fail to comply with any of the above-mentioned conditions or any other conditions specified in these regulations.
c. Correctly answer a mathematical question that will be sent by email.
The winner will be informed of how to take possession of the prize within two (2) to four (4) days of receiving the email.
In the event of a winner's refusal to receive the prize, the Contest Organizer will not be held responsible for its delivery and may, at its discretion, award the prize by random draw from among all eligible entries registered for that prize. If said randomly selected entrant from among all eligible entries cannot be reached within 24 hours of the draw of his or her name, after reasonable attempts, his or her entries will be disqualified and a new entrant selected. If, after three (3) selected persons, none of these persons can be reached after reasonable efforts within 24 hours for each of these persons, the prize will be considered cancelled and the Organizer will cancel the prize.
Any litigation with respect to the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation with respect to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Article 10: LIABILITY
WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST1. DeSerres cannot be held liable in the event of an Internet malfunction preventing access to the contest or its proper functioning. DeSerres cannot be held liable for any third-party acts of Internet abuse.
2. While DeSerres shall do all in its power to provide users with information and/or tools that are accessible and verified, it shall not be held liable for any errors (particularly display errors on the Contest website), or for the absence or availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on the website.
3. Participation in the contest implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, the absence of protection of certain data provided against possible misuse or piracy, and the risks of contamination by viruses circulating on the Internet.
4. Participants must take appropriate measures to protect their personal data and/or software on their computer or telephone equipment from any kind of attack. All persons connecting to the website and participating in the contest shall do so at their own risk.
5. Furthermore, DeSerres shall not be responsible or liable in the event of:
Internet access problems;
hardware or software problems;
deletion or loss of data provided by participants for reasons not attributable to DeSerres;
human errors or errors due to electrical malfunction;
disturbances that might affect the smooth running of the Contest or dysfunctions in the automated draw process;
6. DeSerres shall not be held liable for the consequences of any delay in email for which it is not responsible. Any claims must be sent by the recipient directly to the appropriate Internet service provider (ISP).
7. In any case, if the smooth running of the Contest in administrative and/or technical terms are disrupted for any reason beyond the control of Omer DeSerres inc., the Company reserves the right to suspend the Contest.
8. Any fraud or breach of the present rules shall result in the disqualification of the entrant; DeSerres reserves the right, if warranted, to initiate proceedings against the defaulting party.
No correspondence relating to this Contest will be exchanged, except with each winner.
All participants acknowledge that by entering the Contest, they are providing their information to the Organizer. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be addressed to the Contest Organizer.
November 3rd, 2017