Do-it-yourself workshop presented by Tania Trudel, contributor to the show À 4 épingles on MAtv.
1. Choose colours that match your decor. A 3-colour scheme produces excellent results. Consider two neutral colours and one dominant colour (e.g. white, grey and yellow).
2. Choose a selection of different size frames.
3. Decide on the wall space to hang your frames.
4. You may want to cut out pieces of cardboard the same size as the frames and try out different mosaic patterns on the wall.
5. Paint the frames or plates. Be sure to shake the spray paint can well before use. The rattling ball bearing helps mix up the propellant and the product.
6. Let dry and hang the frames on the wall.
Now you can admire your mosaic! Tips
You can create the same effect with vintage-style glass bowls or plates, either painted or unpainted. Use specially designed plate hangers to hang them on the wall. www.facebook.com/a4epingles.matv