Drumroll please…Meet the new deserres.ca! Redesigned, improved, faster and more efficient!
At DeSerres, our mission is to instill the freedom to create into everyday life.
And we want to do it responsibly.
Hundreds of recycles containers, all thanks to you.
Let’s take a look at our first year :
• (re)art program is now available in 16 stores in only one year
• More than 2,000 litres of non-recyclable products are now recycled !
• A new recycled and recyclable cardboard packaging for ALL our DeSerres markers
• A selection of more than 300 eco-friendly products
• 10% decrease of our energy consumption thanks to LED lighting in stores compared to last year
We created an art material recycling program in partnership with a company that shares our values: Terracycle.
Operating in over 20 countries, Terracycle is an environmentally friendly company that recycles waste that is generally considered non-recyclable, so that it can be transformed and reused. In addition to their recycling programs, a portion of proceeds raised through the participation of companies like DeSerres is then donated to non-profit organizations.
Through this recycling program, which aims to recycle art materials that are considered "non-recyclable", we have recycled more than 2,000 litres of products –that’s over 8,000 250 ml jars of DeSerres acrylic paint in one year!
The waste collected in our stores is mechanically and/or manually separated into metals, fibres and plastics. Metals are melted down so that they can be recycled. Fibres (such as paper and wood products) are recycled or composted. Plastics are processed to be moulded into new, recycled plastic products. Certificates are issued to ensure sound waste management.
Our stores are now equipped to collect your empty art containers. Look for our recycling box, bring us your containers, and we will take care of the rest!
All our stores are equipped to collect your empty art containers. Find a store near you, drop off accepted items in the (re)art recycling box, and we will take care of the rest. Everything will be recycled safely and responsibly.
Our goal : to market products that are eco-friendly
To encourage sustainable consumption, we decided to implement four selection requirements that help consumers easily identify our eco-friendly products.
We then reviewed our entire online and in-store selection to identify these products—this allowed us to identify more than 300 products!
To be selected, a product must meet at least one of the four criteria :
1. Sustainably sourced product
2. Environmentally friendly packaging
3. Significant use of renewable or alternative energy
4. Existence of a social responsibility program in the partner's organization
Find the icon in store or on DeSerres website to shop our most eco-responsible products !
In 2019-20, we reviewed our warehouse practices to reduce our environmental impact. Here are the important changes we made:
• 100% of packaging received from our suppliers is reused or recycled
• 100% of the packaging from your orders is recycled and recyclable
• 100% of our pallets are recycled and reused
Packaging is essential to guaranteeing that you receive your orders in the best conditions. That said, we make every effort to have a small ecological footprint.
To help you better transport your purchases (and, above all, protect them while on the go), we now offer shopping bags that are 100% recyclable and 50% recycled
As a retailer, we must often renovate, relocate or open new stores. Here are some of the steps we take with each new project:
• Recycling and reusing old moveable equipment
• 100% LED lighting. Indeed, to reduce our energy consumption, we began (and almost finished!) transitioning to 100% LED lighting in all our stores. This has allowed us to reduce our energy consumption by more than 10%!
• Purchasing mainly from local artisans
• Safe and certified waste recycling (metals, computer equipment, hazardous materials)
Enter postal code for
Please enter a postal code in the format of A1A 1A1.
Enter your PO Number
Redeem your points
Select your fullfilment method