Assembling Revell models is just the beginning. Aircraft, helicopter, ship, car – all are only completed once they are painted. For this purpose, Revell has developed high-quality Aqua Color Acrylics.
Containing almost no organic solvents, these low-odour paints can be diluted with water and can be mixed together to produce even more detailed nuances for certain special models. They also feature a short drying time: it normally takes two to three hours until the paint is completely dry. After just one hour, a second coat can be added. Suitable for airbrushing, but can also be applied with a paintbrush.
This set includes Aqua Color paints most commonly used when building military aircraft models (6 x 5 ml): 5 white matt, 9 anthracite matt, 76 light gray matt, 90 silver metallic, 91 steel metallic, 99 aluminum metallic.
For use with a spray gun:
- paints should not be diluted too much
- dilute with max. 20 to 25% water
- it is best to dilute the paints with Aqua Color Mix (it also serves as a retardant and prevents the paint from drying too quickly in the spray gun)
- spray gun can be cleaned with water immediately after use
For use with a brush:
- paints can be applied with a paint brush due to their uniform coverage
- with a paint brush, you can get a surface almost as smooth as with an airbrush
- result comparable to enamel paint