" Subscribption to the DeSerres newsletter May 2023"
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The contest is held by DeSerres (the "Organizer"). This free, no-obligation contest begins on May 8, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. and ends on May 31, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (the "Contest Period"), eastern time.
The Contest is open exclusively to residents of Canada who have reached the age of 18 on the Contest Opening Date.
Those not eligible to enter the Contest are:
- employees, representatives and agents of Omer DeSerres Inc., including its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and related corporations; (collectively the “Sponsor”);
- employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
- people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest; and
- the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Participation in the Contest implies full acceptance of these rules, and all provisions, as well as laws and regulations applicable to free contests.
Non-compliance with the conditions of participation as set out in these rules will nullify participation.
Any attempt to disrupt the normal operation of the Contest may result in the elimination of the participation of the person concerned.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER
To participate in the competition, the Participant must:
- subscribe to the DeSerres Newsletter by completing the registration form at deserres.ca between May 1 and May 31, 2023;
- still be subscribed to the newsletter on the date of the draw.
Limit of one entry per subscriber for the duration of the contest.
For the purposes of these Rules, the Participant is the person whose name appears in the newsletter account, and it is to this person that the Prize will be awarded if selected and declared a winner. Limit of one prize per subscriber.
On June 1, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. (Eastern time), one (1) Participant will be randomly selected by DeSerres at its premises located at 1265, rue Berri, suite 1000, Montreal (Quebec), H2L 4X4. In the event that a person is found not to be eligible for the prize, they will be disqualified, and another random selection will be made for that prize.PRIZE DESCRIPTION
The Winner (defined below) will win the following Prize (the “Prize”):“A DeSerres gift card worth $250”.
- The purchase, use or acceptance of a DeSerres (Omer DeSerres inc.) gift card implies acceptance of its conditions;
- DeSerres gift cards (hereafter “gift cards”) can be used to pay for purchases at DeSerres retail outlets or at www.deserres.ca;
- Gift cards have no value until purchased and activated. They cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash, or used to purchase other gift cards. Gift Card orders cannot be canceled and Gift Cards are non-refundable;
- DeSerres may modify the conditions of use of gift cards;
- Lost or stolen gift cards will not be replaced.
- To find out the balance of a gift card, please use the “balance checker” on the www.deserres.ca website.
- Gift cards are not credit cards or debit cards, and they have no implied warranties;
- DeSerres makes no warranty, express or implied, with respect to gift cards, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event that a gift card is unusable, your only recourse, and DeSerres' sole responsibility, will be to have the gift card replaced by another card whose amount is equal to the remaining balance of the unusable gift card. Purchases will be deducted from the gift card until its value is reduced to $0.00.
- Gift cards are not reloadable.
- Gift cards have no expiry date and no inactivity fees will be charged.
- It is strictly prohibited to resell or use gift cards for unauthorized advertising, marketing, contests or promotions.
The participant whose name is drawn will be officially notified by e-mail. The winner must provide the requested information within 10 days of this e-mail. In case of non-response, the prize may be awarded to another participant. The participant will not be declared an official winner if the appropriate verifications are not made. The prize will only be awarded to a confirmed winner.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE
The prize must be accepted as awarded. The prize cannot be substituted for another prize, except at the sole discretion of the Organizer, who reserves the right to substitute one or more components of the prize for another prize of equal or greater value. The prize may not be transferred to another person. Refusal to accept a prize releases the Organizer from any and all obligations related to said prize.
DeSerres is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, incomplete or misdirected entries, website viruses or computer bugs during the contest, technical malfunctions or problems with networks or phone lines, computer systems, servers, Internet access providers, computer equipment or hardware, or software, any error or delay in the transmission of e-mails or other electronic mail transmitted by or to DeSerres or its agents on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to any participant or other person related to or resulting from participation in the contest, including use of the game grid page and the contest website or transmission and receipt of e-mails.
Without limiting the rules of this contest, DeSerres reserves the right, in its sole discretion (subject to the approval, if required, of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec) to modify, suspend or terminate the contest in whole or in part (and, in its discretion, to determine a winner or winners among the registered participants). If, for any reason, in DeSerres' sole opinion and discretion, the contest is not running properly, due to, including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, violation of the Contest Rules, technical errors, failures or viruses, computer bugs or any other cause that may affect or interfere with the security and administration of the contest, DeSerres also reserves the right (subject to the approval, if required, of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec) to modify, suspend or terminate the contest in whole or in part (and, at its discretion, to determine a winner or winners among the registered participants).
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website, to gain unauthorized access to another person's computer, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of law, and, should such an attempt be made by any individual, DeSerres reserves the right, in addition to disqualifying that individual from the contest, to seek all remedies available at law for damages including, if deemed appropriate, criminal prosecution.
For Quebec residents: Any litigation concerning the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation concerning the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
© All rights reserved, DeSerres 2023.