Product DetailsLiquitex Pouring Medium can be used in combination with soft body acrylic colours to create seamless surfaces and puddles of colour. Liquitex Pouring Medium is formulated to create a smooth, seamless, + Show More
Product DetailsLiquitex Pouring Medium can be used in combination with soft body acrylic colours to create seamless surfaces and puddles of colour. Liquitex Pouring Medium is formulated to create a smooth, seamless, and strong body of paint when poured or dripped onto a surface. Suspend colours in Liquitex Pouring Medium for sculptural effects and surface treatments.
Liquitex pouring medium is permanent, non-yellowing and waterproof once dry. Added to fluid acrylic colours, it promotes drying and allows for a homogenous smooth coloured film.
- Creates even “puddles,” poured sheets, and flowing applications of colour.
- Does not craze, crack, or hold bubbles in the paint film upon drying.
- Retains high gloss and wet appearance when dry.
- Will not add transparency when mixed with colour.
- Flexible, non-yellowing and water resistant when dry.
- Do not mix with oil.
- Do not mix quickly.
- Allow mixture to rest to dissipate bubbles.
Using Pouring Medium
- Mix one tablespoon or more of Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic Color with one cup of Liquitex Pouring Medium in a large bucket or bowl. It helps to mix custom colours before adding to the medium, to ensure a uniformity of colour in the pour.
- Mix the colour and the pouring medium by hand with a palette knife. In order to prevent bubbles, blend gently and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes following agitation.
- Using a funnel, take the mixture and pour it into a squeeze bottle or applicator of choice. Additional applicators such as pitchers or tubes can be used for a variety of effects. The paint is now ready to be poured.
- Mixture can be poured directly on canvas or board supports, glass, or even paper. A good place to work with poured media is on a level work table. If the surface is not level, you may produce uneven results with very thin pieces that may tear.
- Pour evenly over the surface and allow at least one day of dry time. If the paint film is thicker allow up to two days of dry time.
- Show Less