1. In a sheltered area outside or in a well-ventilated room, place the deer head on a protective plastic sheet or few sheets of newspaper to be recycled.
2. Shake the can of spray paint before use and always test it on another surface to check the consistency and colour before spray painting the bottle. The paint of the first sprays is usually not consistent.
3. Hold the can vertically at least 30 cm away from the deer head and press the trigger. While focussing on the head, do a sweep from left to right and top to bottom in order to apply the paint evenly.
4. Let the paint dry few hours before covering the head with newspaper and applying masking tape to let the antlers of the deer uncovered.
5. Paint the antlers of another color and then, remove the newspaper and the masking tape. The newspaper and the masking tape are helpful to paint the antlers without repainting the head at the same time.
6. Put up a picture hanger on the wall to hand the painted deer head.